Personal Stylist Course: What Will You Learn
Our Personal Stylist Course is all about helping you to help your clients, as that’s what will build your business. You can suggest all the stylish outfits you want, but if you aren’t taking in to account your client’s lifestyle and practical needs, they aren’t going to get on board with your suggestions. Our Client Profiling method ensures your client will be blown away by your suggestions, because you’ve considered factors that go much deeper than what looks good. Helping your client in this way ensures a longer lasting change, rather than a quick fix, and is the method that has made The Practical Stylist so popular with clients, who recommend her services constantly!
Foundation in Personal Styling
The Body Shape Analysis Method on our Personal Stylist Course gets you confident in styling all different proportions, body shapes, sizes and heights so you can help your client to find style that suit their shape, enhance their best features, and disguise any bits where they feel self-conscious.
The Colour Code
We train our personal stylists how to understand which colours suit their clients the best, how to inject more colour in to their client’s wardrobes, and how to work with colours that aren’t the most flattering but the client wants to wear it!
After taking our Personal Stylist Course, you will be able to help your clients to utilise their existing wardrobe in new, fun ways and breathe new life in to old clothes! Not only that, but you’ll help your clients to work out what styles suit them, what to avoid AND create a wish-list of pieces for them to update their wardrobe.
A veteran Personal Shopper, having spent time at Selfridges heading up their Personal Shopping department, and with a long list of private clients, Nicola delivers the courses personally so you can learn directly from her vast experience. Nicola will teach you how to conduct a Personal Shop and also help you to understand WHERE, WHEN and HOW to shop with your clients.
Want to know more about what you’ll learn on the Personal Stylist Course….
Topics Include: –
Module 1: PROFILING YOUR CLIENT
- How to profile your new client using The Practical Stylist printables and profiling method
- Learn how to help your clients break through style ruts, overcome insecurities and build a wardrobe that really works for their day to day life
- The meaning of true personal styling as opposed to fashion styling
- How to identify and style various body shapes, sizes, heights and physical characteristics
- Style solutions for various body shapes and proportions
Module 2: COMMON CHALLENGES
- How to find out WHY your client is struggling with their wardrobe and the solutions to overcome those challenges – these create the BREAKTHROUGH moments!
- Common challenges in the role of personal stylist and shopper and how to overcome them
- The best high-street brands to use for personal styling challenges
Module 3: YOUR CORE SERVICES AS A PERSONAL STYLIST
- How to conduct a wardrobe and style consultation
- How a wardrobe detox can transform your clients life
- How to conduct a personal shopping appointment
- Service structure and pricing
Module 4: KEY STYLING SKILLS
- How to identify the right colours, patterns, and styles for your client
- The importance of accessorizing
- The importance of fabrics, cut and structure
- How to help your clients achieve a Capsule Wardrobe and key garments that work for most women
- How to help your clients to stop wasting money on clothes they never wear
- How to mix and match / outfitting
- How to add colour
Module 5: BUILDING A BUSINESS
- How to get and retain clients
- Cost effective marketing strategies for when you start promoting your business
- Social media to grow your business
- Fashion blogging – is it right for me?
Once you have qualified, you have the opportunity to join an Elite Squad of expert Personal Stylists and Shoppers, where you gain access to exclusive masterclasses, get access to insider information and can surround yourself with a network of like-minded stylists.